Monday, May 30, 2005

 

Might as well get started!

Everybody's doing it!
I've always wondered if I could ever reach a bunch of folks with what I consider to be the sometimes worth hearing intellectual rambling of my lazy mind. After reading an article about blogging in the Popular Mechanics magazine in a pharmacy while performing the perpetual wait recently, I discovered that it could actually be easier than I had first thought.
So, here I am. It's my first venture. My first at THIS. But lest you feel that I have nothing of note to really say, let me share just a few thoughts about myself so as to better acquaint ourselves.
I was born and raised in Jackson, Mississippi and now live in North Mississippi. I have been a pastor (as I currently am), an evangelist (a traveling pastor of sorts), an author (one book to my credit, "The Counterfeit"), been in radio and TV, mostly radio as an on-the-air personality, manager, co-owner, builder, sales and marketing, and such. I spent the year 2000 walking around my home state (900 plus miles total) with a 12 foot, 80 pound wooden cross to help spread the message in conjunction with Celebrate Jesus 2000. I've spoken to thousands in spiritual meetings, millions across the medium of radio, and have traveled on behalf of the Lord Jesus through 12 states and twice through Canada. I'm NOT attempting to do anything like brag. Nothing I've done merits any attention apart from the grace of God. I just want to establish from the outset that I'm not an uninformed, idiot Mississippi bumpkin that, golly, found a website!!
My greatest accomplishments ever, while I'm on that simple subject, was to marry the former Pat Robertson of New Albany, Mississippi and with her produce two of the finest people on the planet: Amberly Wilson Collins, our oldest daughter, and Sarah Whitney Wilson, our second. Amber is married to Matt Collins, the third greatest person on the planet. They reside in Brandon, Miss. Where Matt co-owns a few Wendys restaurants with his dad. Amberly is an event planner and fund raiser for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in Jackson, Miss. She is one of their top leaders helping others in the fight against blood cancers. Whitney just graduated high school with the highest honors of her school. She was also the largest scholarship award winner, getting over $60,000 in college scholarships as she heads this fall to Mississippi College. She is also Pontotoc's Miss Hospitality, a huge deal where we live, in Mississippi, The Hospitality State. She heads to Hattiesburg this summer to compete for the State Miss Hospitality title. We're very proud of both of our girls. They have both already exceeded our accomplishments in their short lives.
I will bloviate often about the facts of life.....NO, not THOSE facts, but the ones that really matter. Politics, religion and relationships. AND, I will be more than happy to receive emails and postings with theological questions, issues and what have you. I truly believe that you will find here DAILY, short, pithy, relevant postings about the things that could change your life forever.
Bold statement. All I can say is, check me out and see if I'm right.
God Bless you,
Dr. Buster Wilson

Comments:
Well I think it's about time that you started writing down your thoughts...I for one am always interested. I love you...
Amberly
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?